INFORMATION WE COLLECT FROM YOU
WHERE AND WHEN WE COLLECT PERSONAL INFORMATION
Save the Children has in place the necessary security mechanisms and only designated employees have access to your personal information. All online transactions are done on a secure server. The information you provide on the donation transaction page is encrypted using SSL – Secure Sockets Layer (you will see a green padlock icon in the left hand side of the address bar in your browser). At the same time, the website address in the address bar at the top of the browser screen starts with an ‘https’ instead of an ‘http’. Donation pages are verified by VeriSign and transactions are processed using a VeriSign merchant account.
I agree and consent to receive all communications at the mobile number provided, even if this mobile number is registered under DND/NCPR list under TRAI regulations. And for that purpose, I further authorise Company to share/disclose the information to any third party service provider or any affiliates, group companies, their authorised agents or third party service providers.
Save the Children or their third party service provider or any affiliates will be making calls and sending SMS/Email through a third party platform.
SAVE THE CHILDREN MAY SHARE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
Except in the limited circumstances elicited below, Save the Children will never intentionally share your email addresses, phone numbers or financial information.
- Credit/Debit Card Transactions, Electronic Fund Transfers and Payments by Cheque: We avail the services of third parties to provide donation facilities by the means of cheque, credit/debit card payments or electronic fund transfers. While your information may be shared with these third parties, we make stringent efforts to require all third party service-providers to hold personal information in strict confidence. However, since we do not have complete control over these third parties, we cannot guarantee your privacy.
- Necessity: If Save the Children is convinced that there has been some inappropriate activity with or on our website/webpages, communications, charitable services or personal or real property or if we have reasons to believe that any using one of the Save the Children website, our donors, employees, partners, vendors, etc. have been inflicted with any harm, we will disclose (we may or may not notify you) personal information as we deem appropriate.
- Required by Law: If any government or legal bodies require any information from us under the purview of a law or a legal compliance, we may go ahead and disclose the same.
- Merger, Acquisition or other Corporate Restructure: We also may transfer your personal information to a third party successor in interest if we are involved in an acquisition, merger or other transfer of control or sale of assets.
- Requesting Communication: We have on board certain vendors who execute several donor (existing or potential)-related activities for us like send direct mails, emailers, greeting cards, making phone calls, and others. We may share your information like phone numbers, email address, etc. with these agencies so that they can perform these activities on behalf of Save the Children.
Cookies are pieces of electronic information which will be sent by Save the Children when you log onto our website. These will be placed in your computer’s hard disk and enable us to recognise you as a user when you next visit.
You can configure your browser so that it responds to cookies the way you deem fit. For example, you make want to accept all cookies, reject them all or get notified when a cookie is sent. Please check your browser’s settings to modify cookie behaviour as per your individual behaviour.